RIP: 2012-2014
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hiya everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mimirabbit

avatar

Posts : 5
Points : 7
Join date : 2013-06-20
Job/hobbies : I love virtual pets, and I enjoy collecting blank notebooks.
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Hiya everyone!   Thu 20 Jun 2013, 10:13 pm

Hello!

I'm really new to Digimon, but they interest me. I've just started to play the video games, and they're amazing! I have a few questions, if it's alright:

-How do you know if you are "Digidestined"? (I've seen this word used in the forums, and I'm a bit confused as to what it means)
-How do you know what your Partner Digimon is?

Thanks for reading! I hope to stay here, and learn knew things about these creatures ^.^

-Amaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gabumon13

avatar

Posts : 440
Points : 509
Birthday : 1999-06-14
Age : 18
Join date : 2013-03-02
Job/hobbies : Digital Association
Location : indiana

PostSubject: Re: Hiya everyone!   Thu 20 Jun 2013, 11:27 pm

First off welcome to the site! A digidestined is someone who has been chosen to save the digital world. So if you are a digidestined you will get a digivice and a digimon partner. Most people seem to meet their partners in dreams so you might too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snoofles

avatar

Posts : 154
Points : 265
Join date : 2013-03-20
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Hiya everyone!   Fri 21 Jun 2013, 2:03 am

Welcome!

The term 'chosen child' is also used to describe a digidestined. This was the original term, they changed it when they translated the show.
Which games have you been playing? And also, what exactly makes you believe in them if you have only just become interested in them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digiassociation.ucoz.com
mimirabbit

avatar

Posts : 5
Points : 7
Join date : 2013-06-20
Job/hobbies : I love virtual pets, and I enjoy collecting blank notebooks.
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hiya everyone!   Fri 21 Jun 2013, 7:39 am

gabumon13 wrote:
First off welcome to the site! A digidestined is someone who has been chosen to save the digital world. So if you are a digidestined you will get a digivice and a digimon partner. Most people seem to meet their partners in dreams so you might too.

Alright, thanks! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mimirabbit

avatar

Posts : 5
Points : 7
Join date : 2013-06-20
Job/hobbies : I love virtual pets, and I enjoy collecting blank notebooks.
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hiya everyone!   Fri 21 Jun 2013, 7:43 am

Snarguffle wrote:
Welcome!

The term 'chosen child' is also used to describe a digidestined. This was the original term, they changed it when they translated the show.
Which games have you been playing? And also, what exactly makes you believe in them if you have only just become interested in them?

Lately, I've been playing Dusk and Digimon World DS. I suppose the reason I believe in them is because, in my mind, they seem more realistic than other games, like Pokémon. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snoofles

avatar

Posts : 154
Points : 265
Join date : 2013-03-20
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Hiya everyone!   Sat 22 Jun 2013, 2:41 am

They are indeed far more likely. Also, if you think the games are cool, you should watch the show. The Japanese version is best, but if you're younger than 13, you may be better off with the English version. Japanese is rated PG-13, While English is appropriate for all ages. There are some changes that can cause confusion in the English version, however. The Japanese versions have been subtitled in English, of course.

Dusk and dawn look cool, though I don't have them. I have digimon world 1 and digimon world data squad. Both are good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digiassociation.ucoz.com
mimirabbit

avatar

Posts : 5
Points : 7
Join date : 2013-06-20
Job/hobbies : I love virtual pets, and I enjoy collecting blank notebooks.
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hiya everyone!   Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:21 pm

Snarguffle wrote:
They are indeed far more likely. Also, if you think the games are cool, you should watch the show. The Japanese version is best, but if you're younger than 13, you may be better off with the English version. Japanese is rated PG-13, While English is appropriate for all ages. There are some changes that can cause confusion in the English version, however. The Japanese versions have been subtitled in English, of course.

Dusk and dawn look cool, though I don't have them. I have digimon world 1 and digimon world data squad. Both are good.

I'll start watching the show. As for the DS games, a difference between Digimon World DS and Dusk is that in Dusk, your character doesn't talk. I recommend Dusk over World DS however, because the storyline is, overall, better!

One last thing: Is there a good place I can watch Digimon with English Subtitles?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snoofles

avatar

Posts : 154
Points : 265
Join date : 2013-03-20
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: Hiya everyone!   Tue 25 Jun 2013, 11:35 pm

I use chia anime because it supports mobile, which is generally what I use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://digiassociation.ucoz.com
mimirabbit

avatar

Posts : 5
Points : 7
Join date : 2013-06-20
Job/hobbies : I love virtual pets, and I enjoy collecting blank notebooks.
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hiya everyone!   Thu 27 Jun 2013, 6:36 pm

Snarguffle wrote:
I use chia anime because it supports mobile, which is generally what I use.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hiya everyone!   

Back to top Go down
 
Hiya everyone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Hiya I'm Villi.
» Well hiya there folks! Nice to meet ya!
» Edogawa Kei

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon Believers :: Archive :: DB 2012-2014 :: Intros and Goodbies-
Jump to: